GLUTEN FREE DATE AND WALNUT LOAF - DELICIOUS MAGAZINE
Gluten Free Date and Walnut Loaf - Delicious Magazine
- Cooking Time: 45 mins
- Servings: 1 loaf
- Preparation Time: 5-10 mins
- 1 tsp walnut oil
- 1 cup organic raw walnut halves roughly chopped
- 1 cup organic dried pitted dates chopped
- 3/4 cup of very hot filtered tap water
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup organic honey
- 2 organic eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato flour
- 1 tsp xanthan
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp rose water (optional)
- **Alternative gluten free flour mix to substitute for the rice flours and potato flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup potato flour
Preheat oven to 190 C / 375 F
Coat the inside of a 1 litre loaf tin with walnut oil and set aside.
In your mixer or a large bowl, combine the walnuts, dates and honey, with a pinch of baking soda and sea salt. Add in the hot water and stir to blend. Add in the desired amount of rosewater and mix through.
Add in the eggs and vanilla and blend thoroughly. Slowly add in the flour to create a fairly thick batter.
Pour into a bread tin and place in the centre of the oven for about 45 minutes until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
Turn the loaf out and place on a rack to cool.
Don’t slice the bread for at least an hour as it will continue to bake as it cools.
This adaptation published here courtesy of Delicious Magazine