GLUTEN FREE DOUBLE PEANUT NUTTY BUTTER COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 10 - 11
- Servings: 45
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Blue Bonnet margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1/8 cup chickpea flour
- 1/8 cup sweet rice flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ginger, ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Granulated sugar to roll cookie balls in
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and egg with electric mixer until fluffy. Combine the gluten free flour mix, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a container and shake to combine thoroughly. Add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture until just blended. Stir in chopped peanuts and peanut butter chips.
2. Shape dough into 45 balls(about 1 inch). Roll balls (or dip one side) into granulated sugar. Place balls on parchment papered cookie sheet with a sugared side up. This will give the cookie a cracked look. Do not flatten or press with fork.
3. Bake cookies 10 to 11 minutes or until light brown and cookies have cracked. Cool about a minute on cookie sheet. Lift with a lifter to another cooled sheet to finish cooling.
Makes 45 2-inch cookies
Nutrition (calculated from recipe ingredients)
Calories From Fat: 51
Total Fat: 6.1g
This cookie is very close to 'normal' cookies - the ones with all that gluten! It is not brittle even when warm. It is a soft cookie.
No gum was needed, because peanut butter takes on the 'glue or binder' effect.
Website Credit: http://retiredwithnoregrets.blogspot.com