- Cooking Time: 45 - 60 min.
- Servings: ??
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
- 1 1/3 c. rice flour
- 2/3 c potatoe starch
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. veg. oil
- 7 eggs, separated
- 3/4 c. orange juice
- 2 tsp. grated orange rind
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add in order:
- oil, unbeaten egg yolks, orange juice + rind. Beat with a spoon until smooth.
- In a lg. bowl beat together with electric mixer...egg whites and cream of tartar until they form stiff peaks. Pour the egg yolk mixture over the egg whites and gently fold in.
- Pour batter into a lg. ungreased tube pan or a 9 x 13" pan.
- tube pan bake 325' for 55 min. then raise temp. to 350' for 10-15 min.
- oblong pan bake at 350' for 45-50 min.
- Drizzle lightly with a mixture of powdered sugar, a bit of butter,+ some orange juice.
- Or serve with whipped cream, regular frosting or, use for strawberry shortcake.
NotesNice and light + fluffy.