- Cooking Time: 45 - 60 min.
- Servings: ??
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
- 1 1/3 c. rice flour
- 2/3 c potatoe starch
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. veg. oil
- 7 eggs, separated
- 3/4 c. orange juice
- 2 tsp. grated orange rind
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add in order:
- oil, unbeaten egg yolks, orange juice + rind. Beat with a spoon until smooth.
- In a lg. bowl beat together with electric mixer...egg whites and cream of tartar until they form stiff peaks. Pour the egg yolk mixture over the egg whites and gently fold in.
- Pour batter into a lg. ungreased tube pan or a 9 x 13" pan.
- tube pan bake 325' for 55 min. then raise temp. to 350' for 10-15 min.
- oblong pan bake at 350' for 45-50 min.
- Drizzle lightly with a mixture of powdered sugar, a bit of butter,+ some orange juice.
- Or serve with whipped cream, regular frosting or, use for strawberry shortcake.
NotesNice and light + fluffy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More