GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN CORNBREAD
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cornbread
- Cooking Time: 60 mins
- Servings: 1 loaf
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- ¾ cup white rice flour
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp fine Celtic sea salt
- ½ tsp xanthan
- 2 cups or 1 can plain organic canned pumpkin. 1 cup if using fresh mashed pumpkin.
- 1 cup soy milk or hemp milk
- 1 stick or ½ cup of soft unsalted organic butter or vegan margarine
- 3 organic eggs
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
Preheat your oven to 185C/350F
Sift the flours, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan, salt and spices together into a bowl, stir in the cornmeal and mix well.
In your mixer, cream the butter, add in the eggs and lemon juice, and mix until smooth.
Now gradually spoon in the pumpkin and milk, and mix slowly until evenly combined.
Keep the mixer running, and slowly pour in the dry ingredients, and combine until a smooth thick batter is achieved.
Pour into a well greased or lined square loaf tin, and bake for about an hour and a half, or until a skewer comes out clean.
After removing the bread from the oven, let it cool and settle in the tin for about 5 minutes.
Then pop it out onto a rack, and allow to cool further.