- Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5-10 mins
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 ½ – 2 Tbsp gluten free baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan
- ½ tsp fine Celtic sea salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup agave nectar
- 1 cup sultanas/raisins
- 1 organic egg
- ¼ cup cold pressed canola oil
- ½ cup to a cup of plain mashed pumpkin
- ½ cup organic almond milk or soy milk
- Sift flours, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan, salt and spices in a bowl and stir together mixing evenly.
- Break an egg into the mixer and gradually add in the oil, milk, and then the pumpkin, until mixed through.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until a thick batter forms.
- Fold in the raisins and spoon into well greased muffin pots.
- Bake in a moderate oven – about 170C/325 F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve warm, with butter and honey, eat cold as a snack, or enjoy with a warm bowl of soup or zesty salad.
NotesThis recipe is another one I adapted from my childhood. This latest gluten free incantation is simple, tasty, and thanks to the beloved pumpkin – really moist. If you are making this recipe in the United States – use unsweetened canned pumpkin. These quick, easy muffins can be prepared in less than 10 minutes and are totally scrumptious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More