GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN MUFFINS
Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5-10 mins
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 ½ – 2 Tbsp gluten free baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan
- ½ tsp fine Celtic sea salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup agave nectar
- 1 cup sultanas/raisins
- 1 organic egg
- ¼ cup cold pressed canola oil
- ½ cup to a cup of plain mashed pumpkin
- ½ cup organic almond milk or soy milk
Sift flours, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan, salt and spices in a bowl and stir together mixing evenly.
Break an egg into the mixer and gradually add in the oil, milk, and then the pumpkin, until mixed through.
Add in the dry ingredients and mix until a thick batter forms.
Fold in the raisins and spoon into well greased muffin pots.
Bake in a moderate oven – about 170C/325 F for approximately 20 minutes.
Serve warm, with butter and honey, eat cold as a snack, or enjoy with a warm bowl of soup or zesty salad.