- Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5-10 mins
BackstoryThis recipe is another one I adapted from my childhood. This latest gluten free incantation is simple, tasty, and thanks to the beloved pumpkin – really moist. If you are making this recipe in the United States – use unsweetened canned pumpkin. These quick, easy muffins can be prepared in less than 10 minutes and are totally scrumptious!
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 ½ – 2 Tbsp gluten free baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan
- ½ tsp fine Celtic sea salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup agave nectar
- 1 cup sultanas/raisins
- 1 organic egg
- ¼ cup cold pressed canola oil
- ½ cup to a cup of plain mashed pumpkin
- ½ cup organic almond milk or soy milk
- Sift flours, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan, salt and spices in a bowl and stir together mixing evenly.
- Break an egg into the mixer and gradually add in the oil, milk, and then the pumpkin, until mixed through.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until a thick batter forms.
- Fold in the raisins and spoon into well greased muffin pots.
- Bake in a moderate oven – about 170C/325 F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve warm, with butter and honey, eat cold as a snack, or enjoy with a warm bowl of soup or zesty salad.