- Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5-10 mins
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 ½ – 2 Tbsp gluten free baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan
- ½ tsp fine Celtic sea salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup agave nectar
- 1 cup sultanas/raisins
- 1 organic egg
- ¼ cup cold pressed canola oil
- ½ cup to a cup of plain mashed pumpkin
- ½ cup organic almond milk or soy milk
- Sift flours, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan, salt and spices in a bowl and stir together mixing evenly.
- Break an egg into the mixer and gradually add in the oil, milk, and then the pumpkin, until mixed through.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until a thick batter forms.
- Fold in the raisins and spoon into well greased muffin pots.
- Bake in a moderate oven – about 170C/325 F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve warm, with butter and honey, eat cold as a snack, or enjoy with a warm bowl of soup or zesty salad.
NotesThis recipe is another one I adapted from my childhood. This latest gluten free incantation is simple, tasty, and thanks to the beloved pumpkin – really moist. If you are making this recipe in the United States – use unsweetened canned pumpkin. These quick, easy muffins can be prepared in less than 10 minutes and are totally scrumptious!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
2 Point Home Made Yogurt
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More