GLUTEN-FREE PUMPKIN-RAISIN SPICE MUFFINS
- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Servings: approximately 6
- Preparation Time: 35-40
- 1 ¼ Cups A.J.s Special Gluten-Free Baking mix (or your own favorite GF mix)
- ½ Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Large Egg
- ¼ Cup milk
- 2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice, more if you prefer (BE CAREFUL that it is made only of spices, as some anti-caking agents might contain grain products)
- ¼ Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Blackstrap or other dark molasses (be sure ingredients do not list caramel color, a possible danger)
- 2 teaspoon Honey
- 1 small handful of your favorite raisins
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix baking mix and spice together in a medium-size bowl; set aside. In another medium-size bowl, beat the egg; then add the milk; then add the sugar, molasses, and honey; then blend in the pumpkin. Slowly add in the baking mix/spice blend. This mix WILL be very stiff. It takes a strong hand to stir it. When evenly-blended, add raisins. Spoon into muffin pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on your oven. Makes 6 muffins.
NotesYears ago, I started baking for a loved-one who was gluten-intolerant. Most of the ready-baked gluten-free products available tasted like sawdust, so I started trying to create my own gluten-free formulations. I previously posted this at the Celiac.com website.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More