- Cooking Time: 2 minutes
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- I made these with gluten-free baguettes, but they can be made with “regular” baguettes, if desired. The sweet & hot Red Pepper Jelly is a great addition to the creamy goat cheese and the tangy basil. The result: A one bite wonder of an appetizer!
- 1/2 loaf of Gluten-Free Baguette, sliced into 1/4” to ½” slices at a 45 degree angle (about 8 slices) - Check label for allergens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5-6 tablespoons of Red Pepper Jelly
- ½ cup of crumbled goat cheese
- 6-8 small basil leaves, washed and patted dry
- Brush the baguette slices with the olive oil. Broil until a golden yellow.
- Spread the Red Pepper Jelly evenly on each toast. Top each with crumbled goat cheese, and top each with a basil leaf.
- Last, add a small dollop of Red Pepper Jelly.
- Yields 6-8 crostinis.
NotesI love Crostini appetizers. But after being diagnosed with celiac disease, those apps were out.
Recently though, I found (to much joy!) gluten-free baguettes sold at my local grocer.
I bought a loaf, brought it home, and started experimenting.
This is my favorite of all the recipes I came up with. It's delicious. Easy. And looks darn impressive too! =)
Submitted by: "Kathleen Reale"