- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz. uncooked GF fettuccini, broken in half
- 1 c frozen peas
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled, thinly sliced
- ½ c diced onion
- 2 c sliced cooked chicken
- 1 c half and half
- 2 oz grated smoked Provolone cheese
- ½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh parsley
- 1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Add peas. Drain.
- 2. Cut bacon into 1/2-in. pieces. Cook bacon in a 12-in/30-cm skillet over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until bacon is crispy, then drain on paper towels. Drain the grease from the skillet, but don’t wipe it out.
- 3. Add garlic and onion to skillet. Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add pasta, peas, bacon, chicken, half and half, cheese, black pepper and salt to skillet. Toss well to coat. Cook over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and the food is hot.
- 4. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
- Miranda Jade Turbin
NotesIf you like Italian food then I am sure you will love this recipe. You can use pesto sauce for pasta as well or any other sauce you like.