- Cooking Time: 22
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 c. pureed butternut squash
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 c. combination of soy flour, brown rice flour, and oat flour
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. ground pumpkin seed
- 20 chopped and pitted dates
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line a 12 cavity muffin pan.
- 2. Mix the wet ingredients with the sugar. Mix the dry ingredients together, then add the dry ingredients into the wet while mixing until smooth. Add the chopped dates.
- 3. Fill muffin cavities about 3/4 full. Bake for about 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
NotesI found a pumpkin muffin recipe from "The Realistic Nutritionist" but didn't have any pumpkin on hand. Instead I had some butternut squash that needed to get used up. I deleted a few things from the recipe and added a few things (like the dates) and was pleasantly surprised with how they turned out. My boyfriend loves them too!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More