- Cooking Time: 22
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 c. pureed butternut squash
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 c. combination of soy flour, brown rice flour, and oat flour
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. ground pumpkin seed
- 20 chopped and pitted dates
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line a 12 cavity muffin pan.
- 2. Mix the wet ingredients with the sugar. Mix the dry ingredients together, then add the dry ingredients into the wet while mixing until smooth. Add the chopped dates.
- 3. Fill muffin cavities about 3/4 full. Bake for about 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
NotesI found a pumpkin muffin recipe from "The Realistic Nutritionist" but didn't have any pumpkin on hand. Instead I had some butternut squash that needed to get used up. I deleted a few things from the recipe and added a few things (like the dates) and was pleasantly surprised with how they turned out. My boyfriend loves them too!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More