- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups gluten-free flour mix (I used Bob's Red Mill's All Purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dark cocoa powdered
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup Hershey's syrup
- Beat butter until softened.
- Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine the gluten-free flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa, and espresso powder into a medium bowl.
- Measure the milk, vanilla, and chocolate syrup into a small bowl.
- Starting with the dry ingredients, alternate adding the dry mixture and milk mixture to the butter/sugar while mixing, finishing with the dry.
- Fill cupcake molds about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until tester comes out clean
NotesMy mother is allergic to gluten, among many other things, and usually just eats the stuff whenever she gets a chocolate craving (then pays the price!) instead of taking the time (she doesn't have) to bake something, so whenever I come home I try to make her a stockpile of gluten-free goodies. The problem I've come across, though, is that since she DOES eat gluten (often), she's very familiar with how "normal" food tastes, and has exceptionally high standards for gluten-free treats. It's quite the challenge. However...I fed these cupcakes to both my non-allergic father (who eats anything, though, so he shouldn't be counted) and my non-allergic sister (who is the epitome of picky and doesn't even like chocolate), and my mom had to actually hide the cupcakes so she'd have some left!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
The Social Cookbook
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More