- Cooking Time: 22
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 8
- 1 package Chebe Cheese bread mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 T oil
- milk as needed just to bind
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 3/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/4 t dill
- Add eggs and oil to Chebe cheese bread mix, it doesn't say on the package to beat the eggs first, but I have found that I prefer to do this blend with the oil, as the mix is pretty dry.
- Add milk very sparingly, just enough to get dough to barely bind.
- Add cheese and bacon to dough, kneading to fully incorporate all ingredients.
- Divide bread into balls about 1 1/2" big, then flatten into "biscuits" about 1/2" thick
- Preheat oven to 325
- On parchment covered cookie sheet, set out dough, just so they are not touching - they will not rise or spread, so you just want enough room to they can evenly cook.
- After 10 minutes, turn over to let brown on other side then cook for another 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, I have found that I don't need to put on cooling rack, but it is up to you.
NotesI have recently tried to start experimenting with gluten free foods, and found that by tweaking this mix, I have biscuits that are great for days, and the best part is that since they have no wheat, corn, or soy in them, I can also share them with the dog!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More