- Cooking Time: 22
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 8
- 1 package Chebe Cheese bread mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 T oil
- milk as needed just to bind
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 3/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/4 t dill
- Add eggs and oil to Chebe cheese bread mix, it doesn't say on the package to beat the eggs first, but I have found that I prefer to do this blend with the oil, as the mix is pretty dry.
- Add milk very sparingly, just enough to get dough to barely bind.
- Add cheese and bacon to dough, kneading to fully incorporate all ingredients.
- Divide bread into balls about 1 1/2" big, then flatten into "biscuits" about 1/2" thick
- Preheat oven to 325
- On parchment covered cookie sheet, set out dough, just so they are not touching - they will not rise or spread, so you just want enough room to they can evenly cook.
- After 10 minutes, turn over to let brown on other side then cook for another 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, I have found that I don't need to put on cooling rack, but it is up to you.
NotesI have recently tried to start experimenting with gluten free foods, and found that by tweaking this mix, I have biscuits that are great for days, and the best part is that since they have no wheat, corn, or soy in them, I can also share them with the dog!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More