- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- Gnocchi, fresh or dried
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- approx. 10 asparagus spears
- 1 tbsp butter
- pinch of saffron strands (added to a little boiling water and left to steep for about 1 hour)
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- Remove the woody ends of the asparagus and discard. Slice the tips at an angle and set aside. Slice the remaining stalks at an angle into even sized slices.
- Toss the asparagus tips (only the tips!) into the pasta pot as you're cooking the pasta - about a minute before the pasta is done, just to remove the rawness. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a little olive oil and tbsp of butter into a saucepan - when the butter has melted add the onion and garlic and sauté over a low to medium heat. When the onion has softened and started to colour add the sliced asparagus stalks, stir well and allow this soften also.
- Add a small handful of grated parmigiano reggiano and the saffron liquid and saffron strands to the pan - stir this well and allow it to come back to temperature and the liquid to reduce. Add in the asparagus tips along with the drained cooked pasta.
- Cook this for about a minute, stirring frequently so that the Gnocchi are well coated. Season with freshly ground salt and black pepper and another grating of parmigiano reggiano.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Indian Inspired STIR-FRYsSee More
SPOOKY HALLOWEEN TREE
Slow Cooker Beans
Sugar-Free Blackberry White Chocolate Ice CreamSee More