- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3oz log of softened goat cheese
- 1 8oz package of softened light cream cheese
- 1 T of fresh rosemary, chopped roughly
- 2 t of honey
- 1 t of freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 C of fig preserves (orange marmalade can also be used, but we love the fig preserves
- Fresh rosemary to garnish
- Lavash, crackers, crudite, or other yummies for spreading the goat cheese
- In your food processor, process the first 5 items until well blended. Scrape down the sides of the processor to ensure all the incredients are incorporated.
- With a spatula or spoon, put the mixture into a 1 1/2 cup mold that has been lightly greased and lined with plastic wrap. You can use a decorative mold, and the mixture will take the shape of the mold.
- Chill at least 2 hours, and then unmold onto serving plate. Garnish and serve with crackers, lavash, crudite, or whatever you like to spread this on. This can be made one day and served the next as the flavors blend wonderfully.
NotesWhat's the backstory? We've served this at parties and as an appetizer for dinner for years, and have adapted the recipe to our liking. My favorite thing is to save some for eating the "day after".
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More