- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup dried Unsweetened Cranberries
- Orange Muscat, Moscato or Muscat Canelli to soak fruit
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 oz pancetta, diced
- 1 TB chopped Garlic
- 1 TB chopped fresh Thyme leaves
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Champagne Vinegar
- 2 TB White Truffle Infused Olive oil
- Kosher Salt
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese (Chevre) I usually use SilverGoat Brand
- In a small bowl, macerate dried cranberries in Moscato or Muscat Canelli. Set aside to soften.
- Pour 1 TB olive oil into a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add pancetta and sauté until the fat is rendered out, drain pancetta reserving 1 TB of fat from the pan.
- Add 2 TB Olive oil to the skillet & increase the heat to medium-high.
- Sauté Pancetta again until the Pancetta is crispy then add the garlic and sauté a little longer until the garlic becomes golden.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and add the thyme and 10 – 15 grinds of black pepper.
- Then deglaze the pan with Champagne vinegar, be sure to scrape the pan to release the fond.
- Reduce vinegar by half.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the Truffle oil and a pinch of Kosher Salt.
- Put mixed baby greens in a salad bowl.
- Crumble goat cheese over the greens.
- Pour Pancetta mixture over greens and toss quickly, just until the greens begin to wilt.
- Drain cranberries and add to the salad and toss again.
- Serve immediately.
NotesThis is a modified version of a recipe by Michael Chiarello I picked up a couple of years ago. Originally calling for cider vinegar, porcini oil and dried sour cherries soaked in water. I am not a sour cherry fan unless they are in pie, cranberries however are delicious and why waste an opportunity to add a little kick to your salad by soaking your dried fruit in SOME sort of alcohol.
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
It's all about that protein
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More