- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 32 oz Chevre goat cheese
- 8 oz dried cranberries
- 8 oz dried figs, chopped
- 1/2 c good Riesling wine, or Heifeweizen beer (something sweet)
- 1/2 c chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Small pkg crushed walnuts or pecans
- Cracked Pepper Water crackers
- Set cheese out to soften.
- Soak dried fruit in beer.
- After a few hours, drain fruit well, and hand-blend well with parsley into softened cheese.
- Form into a ball and roll in nuts.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving to preserve shape and allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with some good crackers (I like Cracked Pepper water crackers the best with this, but you can use Ritz if that's your fav).
NotesI am not a huge fan of the weird, yellow cheezballs rolled in stale nuts and served with Ritz crackers. So, for others who are also not a fan but feel compelled to provide some sort of festive cheezy ball-shaped offering over the holidays (if for no other reason than being able to say "no, you don't have to bring a cheezball, I'll have one already!"), here's one that actually tastes great. And it looks pretty, too.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
My Mom's Stuffing (My preacher recipe)
Hot Italian 'Krash' StackSee More