- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 32 oz Chevre goat cheese
- 8 oz dried cranberries
- 8 oz dried figs, chopped
- 1/2 c good Riesling wine, or Heifeweizen beer (something sweet)
- 1/2 c chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Small pkg crushed walnuts or pecans
- Cracked Pepper Water crackers
- Set cheese out to soften.
- Soak dried fruit in beer.
- After a few hours, drain fruit well, and hand-blend well with parsley into softened cheese.
- Form into a ball and roll in nuts.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving to preserve shape and allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with some good crackers (I like Cracked Pepper water crackers the best with this, but you can use Ritz if that's your fav).
NotesI am not a huge fan of the weird, yellow cheezballs rolled in stale nuts and served with Ritz crackers. So, for others who are also not a fan but feel compelled to provide some sort of festive cheezy ball-shaped offering over the holidays (if for no other reason than being able to say "no, you don't have to bring a cheezball, I'll have one already!"), here's one that actually tastes great. And it looks pretty, too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More