- Cooking Time: 4
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup panko or plain white bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, very finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs, the basil, the salt and the pepper. Mix to combine and set aside,
- Divide the goat cheese into 16 equal sized balls. Flatten balls slightly. Roll each ball in bread crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet until it is hot but not smoking. Cook cheese balls until they are golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Using a slotted spoon remove fritters to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Put a small, decorative skewer into each fritter and transfer to a serving platter.
- Serve immediately with a dipping sauce of choice (optional).
- A fast and simple appetizer. Any soft cheese may be used. Any herb may be used.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More