- Cooking Time: 4
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup panko or plain white bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, very finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs, the basil, the salt and the pepper. Mix to combine and set aside,
- Divide the goat cheese into 16 equal sized balls. Flatten balls slightly. Roll each ball in bread crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet until it is hot but not smoking. Cook cheese balls until they are golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Using a slotted spoon remove fritters to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Put a small, decorative skewer into each fritter and transfer to a serving platter.
- Serve immediately with a dipping sauce of choice (optional).
- A fast and simple appetizer. Any soft cheese may be used. Any herb may be used.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
MidLife Road Trip's
culinary karmaSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More