- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 cups fresh strawberries cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp strawberry spread-no sugar
- Black pepper
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts-think
- 12 thin slices of goat cheese, about ½ oz each.
- 24 basil leaves or 12 extra large ones
- Olive Oil Spray
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil-sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. In a large Pyrex bowl, mix the strawberries, vinegar and strawberry spread together. Put aside.
- Make a horizontal cut ALMOST through each chicken breast. Take each slice of goat cheese and wrap it with one or two basil leaves. Place two in each breast and replace to half. Sprinkle with pepper.
- In a 4 quart metal or oven-safe skillet, spray with olive oil. Over med-high heat, cook garlic for about 30 seconds. Add chicken breasts and brown for about 4 minutes on each side. Then, place both the skillet and Pyrex bowl of strawberries into the oven. Cook for 10 minutes. Take chicken out and let it rest on the stove. Cook berries another 5 minutes. Take out of oven and stir. Serve chicken with sauce. Sprinkle with basil slices.
NotesI love strawberries and heck...it's SUMMER! Strawberries are all over the place. I also happen to love chicken with fruit. And goat cheese with fruit. So, I came up with this recipe. Today, actually. I liked it so much, I'm sharing it with YOU...and am probably going to put it in my next cookbook!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More