- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 jar kalamata olives, pitted
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Slice bread thinly and layer on a cookie sheet lined with Reynold's parchment paper. Brush both sides lightly with oil and toast in a 350 degree oven until lightly browned (about 5 minutes). In a large bowl, combine tomatoes and olives, crushing together with a fork or your hands.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Tear in basil, add goat cheese, and finish
- with a little vinegar and oil.
- Toss to combine and spoon over toast.
- * Extra topping goes great over pasta!
NotesThis began as a last minute appetizer made on the fly when we realized we were supposed to bring a dish to a party. It has ended up being the most requested appetizer I've made, and everyone always asks for the recipe. It is so easy, it feels a little ridiculous to take credit at a party.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More