GOAT CHEESE & PROSCIUTTO STUFFED CHICKEN
- Servings: 2
- 2 chicken breast halves, pounded 1/4 - 1/3" thick
- 2 ounces creamy goat cheese, plain or herb seasoned
- 2 ounces diced prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 4 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning (or more, to taste. I only used a few dashes since I used herb seasoned cheese)
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350*
In a skillet, melt butter. Add mushrooms and cook for about a minute. Add prosciutto and garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes. Pour contents of skillet into a bowl.
To the bowl, add goat cheese, sour cream, and Italian seasoning. Stir mixture until creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place half the mixture onto each chicken breast. I find it easier to fold chicken over (and secure with a toothpick) than roll it up, but it's your choice. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, covering outside and shaking off excess.
In the same skillet, heat olive oil. Place chicken in the pan and cook until evenly browned on the outside, a few minutes per side.
Move chicken to oven safe dish (or move oven safe skillet to oven) and bake 12-15 minutes or until done.