- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 medium bananas, divided (2 bananas mashed, reserve 3rd for garnish)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup angel flake coconut
- 1 batch Almond Buttercream Frosting (as listed under my recipes)
- Preheat oven to 350', grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch pan or bundt cake pan.
- Mix all ingredients except for Frosting of course...
- Sprinkle top with coconut (This creates a crunchy coconut layer on the bottom when pan is inverted.)
- Bake at 350' for 40 minutes or until set and golden.
- Allow pan to cool for 10-15 minutes. Invert pan. Allow to cool fully before drizzling frosting or icing cake. Garnish with Coconut! Enjoy!
NotesI made this cake up a couple of weeks ago for my hubby's b-day! He isn't really a big "cake" person so I knew I had to make something special... His favorite flavor EVER is Banana, so I knew I had to create a cake around that- here's what I came up with!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Home cookingSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More