- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 medium bananas, divided (2 bananas mashed, reserve 3rd for garnish)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup angel flake coconut
- 1 batch Almond Buttercream Frosting (as listed under my recipes)
- Preheat oven to 350', grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch pan or bundt cake pan.
- Mix all ingredients except for Frosting of course...
- Sprinkle top with coconut (This creates a crunchy coconut layer on the bottom when pan is inverted.)
- Bake at 350' for 40 minutes or until set and golden.
- Allow pan to cool for 10-15 minutes. Invert pan. Allow to cool fully before drizzling frosting or icing cake. Garnish with Coconut! Enjoy!
NotesI made this cake up a couple of weeks ago for my hubby's b-day! He isn't really a big "cake" person so I knew I had to make something special... His favorite flavor EVER is Banana, so I knew I had to create a cake around that- here's what I came up with!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More