- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Golden Beets, peeled and diced
- 3-4tblsp Lemon Juice
- 1 lg clove Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- 2-3tsps dried Dill
- 1/4c Olive Oil
- 1/2+ Sour Cream
- * Cook beets in salted water til tender; drain and cool slightly.
- * While beets boil, mix all remaining ingredients together EXCEPT sour cream w/a wire whisk til thoroughly blended; set aside to steep.
- * When beets are cooled to touch, add sour cream to dressing mixture; whisk to blend til smooth.
- * Add beets; toss to coat.
- * Serve warm OR cold.
- * NOTE: this curdled just a tad from the lemon juice, but I totally did not mind because it was SO tasty! It was still pretty- and Golden Beets are a real comment-inspiring food!
NotesI think that's how you spell it. Anyway, this is an adaptation from a Tzatziki recipe from NYTimes. I just changed a few things (like from Greek Yogurt to Sour Cream), and now I call it the Borscht, comrades!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More