- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Golden Beets, peeled and diced
- 3-4tblsp Lemon Juice
- 1 lg clove Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- 2-3tsps dried Dill
- 1/4c Olive Oil
- 1/2+ Sour Cream
- * Cook beets in salted water til tender; drain and cool slightly.
- * While beets boil, mix all remaining ingredients together EXCEPT sour cream w/a wire whisk til thoroughly blended; set aside to steep.
- * When beets are cooled to touch, add sour cream to dressing mixture; whisk to blend til smooth.
- * Add beets; toss to coat.
- * Serve warm OR cold.
- * NOTE: this curdled just a tad from the lemon juice, but I totally did not mind because it was SO tasty! It was still pretty- and Golden Beets are a real comment-inspiring food!
NotesI think that's how you spell it. Anyway, this is an adaptation from a Tzatziki recipe from NYTimes. I just changed a few things (like from Greek Yogurt to Sour Cream), and now I call it the Borscht, comrades!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More