- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 chicken breasts
- Butternut squash cut into squares (It comes prepackaged at Trader Joe's, so convenient!)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- green beans (However many you'll eat... I just grab a big handful.)
- 1. Heat oil in skillet and add chicken, cook about 10 minutes.
- 2. In the same pan, brown garlic.
- Add broth, rosemary, thyme, and green beans. Boil for about 5 minutes.
- 3. Add chicken and squash.
- Cover and simmer until tender.
- One little twist: I added a 1/4 cup white wine, 1 tsp. lemon juice and 2 tablespoons dijon mustard and it was really tasty.
- Also, instead of squash, you can use sweet potatoes.
NotesThis is really tasty and perfect if want to eat healthy, but are lazy like me, because it's easy.
I didn't know what to call this so I went with what it was originally called. I cut this recipe out of the coupon section of the Sunday paper one day then forgot to bring it with me to the store. I remembered the picture though and while I was at the store, I bought what I thought to be the ingredients. Well, I ended up buying butternut squash but the recipe calls for sweet potatoes (What can I say, they look the same in the picture.) So anyway, long story short, it was really good my way, so here's the recipe.