GOLDEN CHICKEN AND AUTUMN VEGETABLES
Golden Chicken and Autumn Vegetables
- 4 chicken breasts
- Butternut squash cut into squares (It comes prepackaged at Trader Joe's, so convenient!)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- green beans (However many you'll eat... I just grab a big handful.)
1. Heat oil in skillet and add chicken, cook about 10 minutes.
2. In the same pan, brown garlic.
Add broth, rosemary, thyme, and green beans. Boil for about 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken and squash.
Cover and simmer until tender.
One little twist: I added a 1/4 cup white wine, 1 tsp. lemon juice and 2 tablespoons dijon mustard and it was really tasty.
Also, instead of squash, you can use sweet potatoes.
I didn't know what to call this so I went with what it was originally called. I cut this recipe out of the coupon section of the Sunday paper one day then forgot to bring it with me to the store. I remembered the picture though and while I was at the store, I bought what I thought to be the ingredients. Well, I ended up buying butternut squash but the recipe calls for sweet potatoes (What can I say, they look the same in the picture.) So anyway, long story short, it was really good my way, so here's the recipe.