- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Nonstick baking spray
- 3 cups AP flour
- 1 Tbls. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 sticks room temp unsalted butter
- 2 c. sugar
- 5 large room temp eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 c. nonfat buttermilk
- For dunking: 1 stick melted butter
- 1 c. sugar mixed with 1 tsp. cinnamon in a pie plate
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Spray cake molds (egg shaped or muffin tins) with baking spray.
- Sift flour, powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Whip butter and sugar until light and fluffy. May take up to 10 minutes. Scrape sides and keep whipping!
- Add eggs one at a time, Whipping constantly until incorporated. Keep scraping...
- Add vanilla, then alternate buttermilk and dry ingredients. Don't overbeat! Fold a few times with a rubber spatula to be sure everything is incorporated.
- Fill each cavity of mold a bit less than halfway. Bake 15 minutes. Cake should spring back when you touch it and be golden.
- Unmold, and dip while warm into melted butter, then roll in cinnamon sugar.
NotesRecipe by Gesine Bullock-Prado from Confections of a Closet Master Baker, an adorable memoir!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More