- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time: 120
BackstoryGot this in a e-mail
This lovely golden bread is made using Pumpkin but butternut, sweet
potato, or any hard cooked squash can be used. Canned or fresh
cooked. It's very lightly flavored with cinnamon and ginger.
Receiving it's beautiful golden color from the squash, the saffron
and turmeric. You can use saffron and or turmeric.
- 3/4 cup cooked pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Place the water and pumpkin into the bread machine bowl following with
- the rest of the ingredients being sure to keep the salt sugar and
- yeast in separate corners.
- Set bread machine to dough cycle. Press start. At the dried fruit
- cycle, the machine will beep you can add optional seeds.
- When cycle is done remove to floured surface punch down and shape
- into a round mound then gently press the center inches Cover with
- oiled plastic wrap and let rise 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350
- Mix egg and turmeric together.
- Remove wrap. Slash along sides of bread up and down to form the look
- of a pumpkin. Brush with glaze. Place in preheat oven for 35-40