- Cooking Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- Servings: Serves 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 T. half and half (blend of milk and cream)
- 2 oz. Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 t. chopped fresh parsley
- Dash white pepper
- 3/4 lb. pared cooked potatoes, grated
- 2 t. margarine, melted
- 1 T. plain dried bread crumbs
- 1 t. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In small pan, mix sour cream and half and half and cook over medium heat until heated through. Don't boil. Stir in Cheddar cheese, scallions, parsley, pepper and continue cooking, stirring frequently until cheese melts.
- In medium mixing bowl, mix potatoes and cheese mixture and mix well.
- Spread margarine over bottom of 9" pie pan. Turn potato mixture into pie pan and spread evenly over bottom of pan. In cup or small bowl, mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake until potato mixture is heated through, 20 to 25 minutes. Turn oven control to broil and broil until topping is lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
NotesWhen I was married, there wasn't any money to buy cookbooks, so I would trudge to the local library and check out cookbooks. This recipe comes from one of them, circa, 1980's.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Short & SweetSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More