- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1/4 C. oil
- 2 T. vinegar
- 2 T. mustard
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- 1/8 t. pepper
- (I add some curry though not called for in recipe)
- Pour mixture over hot rice; toss. Set aside to cool. Add to rice:
- 1 C. chopped or sliced ripe olives
- 2 C. chopped hard-boiled eggs
- 1 1/2 C. clelery, sliced
- 1/4 C. chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 C. chopped pimento
- 1 small onion, minced or grated
- 1 C. mayonnaise
- Mix: Pour mixture over hot rice; toss. Set aside to cool. Add to rice.
- Blend ingredients gently but thoroughly. Chill well.
- This is a colorful tasty dish that can be made ahead and it serves several people. Great flavors mixing it up in this dish.
NotesWhen my daughter was born over 22 years ago, the local OB Dept. of the Bloomington, IN Hospital was selling cookbooks. I thought it was a great cookbook and bought several for important relatives to remember the birth of a special wee one. I love this recipe and have made it many times. It keeps well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More