GOLDEN RICE SALAD
Golden Rice Salad
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1/4 C. oil
- 2 T. vinegar
- 2 T. mustard
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- 1/8 t. pepper
- (I add some curry though not called for in recipe)
- Pour mixture over hot rice; toss. Set aside to cool. Add to rice:
- 1 C. chopped or sliced ripe olives
- 2 C. chopped hard-boiled eggs
- 1 1/2 C. clelery, sliced
- 1/4 C. chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 C. chopped pimento
- 1 small onion, minced or grated
- 1 C. mayonnaise
Mix: Pour mixture over hot rice; toss. Set aside to cool. Add to rice.
Blend ingredients gently but thoroughly. Chill well.
This is a colorful tasty dish that can be made ahead and it serves several people. Great flavors mixing it up in this dish.