- Cooking Time: 8 to 10
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySUGAR COOKIE IDEA DECORATIONS:
Easter Decorations: pastel icing and sprinkles, egg-shaped cookie cutter.
Flag Decorations: red, white, and blue icing, cut into rectangles.
Valentine Heart Cookies: valentine hearts in the middle of cooling cookies.
Smile Cookies: yellow icing and sugar sprinkles, chocolate icing in a tube.
Princess Cookies: decorate cookies with pink icing then add red and white sugar sprinkles and silver balls.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbs. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Additional sugar, icing, and decorations
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, and vanilla together.
- Add to the butter mix and blend on medium with an electric mixer.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and blend well.
- Divide the dough in two.
- Roll into balls and flatten slightly.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 375.F (190.C).
- Roll dough between sheets of waxed paper until 1/4-inch (6.5 mm) thick.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- Carefully pull off the top piece of waxed paper, sprinkle with sugar and use the cookie cutters to cut out the shapes.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. When the cookies are completely cool, decorate as desired.