GOOD-FOR-YOU CHOC-OAT-CHIP COOKIES
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups special dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl.
Cream together brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter and applesauce in large bowl.
Beat in egg whites and vanilla extract.
Gradually beat in flour mixture.
Stir in oats, chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased baking sheets.
Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 9-10 minutes for chewy cookies or 12-13 minutes for crispy cookies.
Let stand for 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.