- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box yellow cake mix (not the pudding kind)
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 stick butter or margarine, melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix first three ingredients well.
- Spread in bottom of well-greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix cream cheese and 2 eggs with electric beater, slowly adding powdered sugar.
- Pour onto bottom layer and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional powered sugar while still warm.
NotesThis was a favorite at the grocery store bakeries in St. Louis during the 1960s. I heard the recipe was the result of a mistake. It is a very rich, delectible coffee cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More