- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box yellow cake mix (not the pudding kind)
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 stick butter or margarine, melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix first three ingredients well.
- Spread in bottom of well-greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix cream cheese and 2 eggs with electric beater, slowly adding powdered sugar.
- Pour onto bottom layer and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional powered sugar while still warm.
NotesThis was a favorite at the grocery store bakeries in St. Louis during the 1960s. I heard the recipe was the result of a mistake. It is a very rich, delectible coffee cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More