- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 bag baby spinach (you may also use frozen)
- 1 cup gorgonzola cheese
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbls. butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound chicken breasts until very thin and place in the refrigerator.
- In a saute pan, heat a little olive oil.
- Once hot, add spinach a cup at a time until all spinach is wilted. (If using frozen spinach, cook according to box instructions and then add to a saute pan with a little oil)
- Add onion, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste and cook until onion is translucent.
- You may need to drizzle a bit more oil as this cooks.
- Remove from heat and stir in gorgonzola cheese.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and lay out flat.
- Spoon 1/4 of spinach mixture onto each breast, roll up sides to form a packet, and secure with string or a toothpick.
- Place packets in a casserole dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Place dish back into refrigerator.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter.
- Add chicken stock and wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until reduced by 1/4.
- Pull chicken from fridge and pour sauce into the bottom of the casserole.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes, basting occasionally to prevent drying.
- Chicken should be browned, and filling melted.
NotesThis is one of hubby's favorites, and a good way to sneak greens into the diet of anyone who refuses to eat them! It's a simple recipe, but does take a bit of time to prep!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More