- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 med onion chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped spinach (if frozen, thawed and drained)
- 1/2 cup prepared blue cheese dressing (I sometimes use sour cream instead)
- Olive oil for frying veggies
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 or less cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 extra-large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup + 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 pkg crumbled gorgonzola (I think it's about one cup)
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees F.
- Saute onions, peppers, spinach, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme until soft. Add Worcestershire, milk, blue cheese and tomato paste and mix well.
- Add the turkey, bread crumbs, eggs, and onion mixture in a large bowl. Mix well and shape half into a rectangular loaf on an ungreased sheet pan.
- Sprinkly cheese on loaf and top with remaining turkey. Spread the ketchup & hot sauce on top. Bake for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
NotesI make this at least twice a month for my husband who absolutely loves it. Hard to believe that meatloaf is now one of his favorite meals.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More