GORGONZOLA AND GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI
Gorgonzola and Goat Cheese Crostini
- Cooking Time: 2 minutes
- Servings: 4 - 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 6 oz fresh, soft goat cheese ... though I've been known to use feta.
- 2 oz Gorgonzola
- !/3 cup heavy (whipping) cream ... though I've been known to use milk.
- 1 baguette - either french or talian sour dough bread
- 1 small bunch fresh chives for garnish (optional)
- Coarsely ground black pepper for garnish (optional)
Thinly slice (1/2 inch) baguette
Put bread under broiler for 1 minute on each side until crisp and golden.
Rub garlic clove on the toasts.
Drizzle olive oil on the toasts
Mix cheeses with cream in a small bowl with a wooden spoon until smooth.
Thickly spread the mixture on toasts.
Top with chives and/or (or not) freshly ground black pepper.
Note: the cheese mixture will keep in the refrigerator for a few days, and the crostini can be prepped in advance, so this can be a really quick fix first course, and if served with an italian wine and fresh veg from your garden (cherry tomatoes, eggplant, green beans, anyone?), you, too, may never get to the next course!