- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 4-5 pound pot roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- All-purpose flour with salt and pepper
- 2 large onions -- sliced
- 1/2 cup beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 5 cloves garlic -- crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 3 large bay leaves
- 1 large mushrooms -- carton
- Trim fat from meat, dredge in flour and brown in oil on both sides.
- Remove meat.
- Add a little beef bouillon and brown onions.
- Remove onion.
- Add more bouillon and saute mushrooms.
- Add meat, onions, catsup, dry sherry, bourbon, garlic, dry mustard, marjoram, rosemary thyme, bay leaves in a large pot and cook covered on low for 1 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Can also be cooked in the oven at 300 degrees for 3 hours.
- Add mushrooms and cook an additional 30 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
The Social Cookbook
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More