- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 4-5 pound pot roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- All-purpose flour with salt and pepper
- 2 large onions -- sliced
- 1/2 cup beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 5 cloves garlic -- crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 3 large bay leaves
- 1 large mushrooms -- carton
- Trim fat from meat, dredge in flour and brown in oil on both sides.
- Remove meat.
- Add a little beef bouillon and brown onions.
- Remove onion.
- Add more bouillon and saute mushrooms.
- Add meat, onions, catsup, dry sherry, bourbon, garlic, dry mustard, marjoram, rosemary thyme, bay leaves in a large pot and cook covered on low for 1 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Can also be cooked in the oven at 300 degrees for 3 hours.
- Add mushrooms and cook an additional 30 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More