GOURMET AUSTRALIAN LAMB BURGER WITH CUCUMBER YOGURT
- Servings: makes 16 burgers
- For Australian Lamb Burgers:
- • 3 lbs. ground Australian lamb
- • 3 tsp. oregano
- • 2 tsp. thyme
- • 1 tsp. ground cumin
- • 1 tsp. ground coriander
- • 4 cloves fresh crushed garlic
- • 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- • 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced crossways
- • 1 red onion, cut in half, then finely sliced
- • 1 small Iceberg lettuce, leaves folded and sliced finely
- For Yogurt Sauce:
- • 1 ½ cups full fat plain yogurt
- • ¼ cup virgin olive oil
- • 2 cloves fresh crushed garlic
- • ½ small cucumber, finely diced
- • pinch of salt
- • ground black pepper
- • pinch of ground cumin
- • 16 small burger buns, sliced and brushed with melted butter
Place the ground lamb, oregano, thyme, cumin, coriander, garlic and mustard in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly and form into 16 patties. Grill on both sides and place on a tray for baking.
Warm the buns on the grill, while finishing the lamb in a medium oven. Place the patties inside the buns, top each with sliced onion, one slice of tomato and the lettuce chiffonade.
To make yogurt sauce, place the yogurt in a bowl and mix in the olive oil, garlic and cumin. Add salt and pepper to taste. Fold in the diced cucumber and top the burger with it.
Place the bun on the burger and enjoy!