- Cooking Time:
- Servings: makes 16 burgers
- Preparation Time:
- For Australian Lamb Burgers:
- • 3 lbs. ground Australian lamb
- • 3 tsp. oregano
- • 2 tsp. thyme
- • 1 tsp. ground cumin
- • 1 tsp. ground coriander
- • 4 cloves fresh crushed garlic
- • 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- • 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced crossways
- • 1 red onion, cut in half, then finely sliced
- • 1 small Iceberg lettuce, leaves folded and sliced finely
- For Yogurt Sauce:
- • 1 ½ cups full fat plain yogurt
- • ¼ cup virgin olive oil
- • 2 cloves fresh crushed garlic
- • ½ small cucumber, finely diced
- • pinch of salt
- • ground black pepper
- • pinch of ground cumin
- • 16 small burger buns, sliced and brushed with melted butter
- Place the ground lamb, oregano, thyme, cumin, coriander, garlic and mustard in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly and form into 16 patties. Grill on both sides and place on a tray for baking.
- Warm the buns on the grill, while finishing the lamb in a medium oven. Place the patties inside the buns, top each with sliced onion, one slice of tomato and the lettuce chiffonade.
- To make yogurt sauce, place the yogurt in a bowl and mix in the olive oil, garlic and cumin. Add salt and pepper to taste. Fold in the diced cucumber and top the burger with it.
- Place the bun on the burger and enjoy!
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Austin Personal Training Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Parmesan Corn Pudding
Seven-layer Macaroni & Cheese SaladSee More