- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pulse 1/2 cup cashews in a food processor until finely chopped, being careful not to process to a paste, then transfer to a large shallow baking pan.
- Toast, stirring every 2 minutes to prevent edges from burning, until pale golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
- Whisk together flour and cornstarch in a bowl. Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes in a stand mixer or 5 with a handheld.
- Add toasted ground cashews and salt and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low, then add flour mixture and mix just until dough forms. Form dough into a rectangular block and roll out between 2 (12-inch long) sheets of parchment with a rolling pin into a 10- by 8-inch rectangle.
- Chill dough in parchment on baking sheet until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coarsley chop remaining 1/4 cup nuts. Discard top sheet of parchment and sprinkle dough with coarsley chopped nuts.
- Bake until golden, 14 to 16 minutes.
- Transfer shortbread to a rack and cool completely, then break into rough shapes with your hands or cut (while still hot) into cookies with pizza wheel or sharp large knife.
NotesThis is a recipe from Gourmet Magazine that I can't wait to try!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Taste of CenturyLink
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More