- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pulse 1/2 cup cashews in a food processor until finely chopped, being careful not to process to a paste, then transfer to a large shallow baking pan.
- Toast, stirring every 2 minutes to prevent edges from burning, until pale golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
- Whisk together flour and cornstarch in a bowl. Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes in a stand mixer or 5 with a handheld.
- Add toasted ground cashews and salt and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low, then add flour mixture and mix just until dough forms. Form dough into a rectangular block and roll out between 2 (12-inch long) sheets of parchment with a rolling pin into a 10- by 8-inch rectangle.
- Chill dough in parchment on baking sheet until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coarsley chop remaining 1/4 cup nuts. Discard top sheet of parchment and sprinkle dough with coarsley chopped nuts.
- Bake until golden, 14 to 16 minutes.
- Transfer shortbread to a rack and cool completely, then break into rough shapes with your hands or cut (while still hot) into cookies with pizza wheel or sharp large knife.
NotesThis is a recipe from Gourmet Magazine that I can't wait to try!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More