- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups AP flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter 9 inch round cake pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, lemon zest and salt.
- Beat together butter and granulated sugar in another bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until pale and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs until combined. Reduce speed to low, then add flour mixture and poppy seeds and mix until just combined.
- Transfer batter to cake pan, smoothing top, and bake until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean and top is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on rack 5 minutes, then invert onto rack.
- Whisk together confectioners sugar and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth. Pour glaze over warm cake, spreading it with a spatula to drizzle over edge. Let stand until glaze is set, about 15 minutes.
NotesThis is a recipe from Gourmet magazine that I want to try.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More