- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups AP flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter 9 inch round cake pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, lemon zest and salt.
- Beat together butter and granulated sugar in another bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until pale and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs until combined. Reduce speed to low, then add flour mixture and poppy seeds and mix until just combined.
- Transfer batter to cake pan, smoothing top, and bake until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean and top is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on rack 5 minutes, then invert onto rack.
- Whisk together confectioners sugar and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth. Pour glaze over warm cake, spreading it with a spatula to drizzle over edge. Let stand until glaze is set, about 15 minutes.
NotesThis is a recipe from Gourmet magazine that I want to try.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Cooking with SabraSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More