Gourmet White Chili
1 lb dried great northern beans (or 2 cans)
2 medium onions chopped
1 T olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
8 oz can chopped green chilies
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp dried oregano ( Mexican)
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
6 cups chicken stock
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 cups shredded cheese
Garnish with sour cream, salsa, cilantro and cheese
1. Cover dried beans with water and soak overnight. Drain and discard water.
2. Sauté onion in olive oil until clear. Add garlic, chills, cumin, oregano, cloves, and cayenne. Sauté 2 minutes more.
3. Place all ingredients in crock pot except cheese.
4. Cover and cook on high 4-6 hours or low 6-8 hours.
5. Add 1 cup cheese, stir until melted. Or add cheese to individual servings.
6. Serve with garnishes and extra cheese on top if desired.