- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup (3 oz) whole milk
- 1 T + 1t vanilla extract
- 4 T (2 oz by weight) mild flavored honey, such as clover or orange blossom
- 1 cup (5oz( (uncre
- 1 cup + 3 T (5 1/4 oz) whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 5 T (2 1/2 oz) unsalted butter (preferably Plugra or european butter with a high butterfat content), chilled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup (6 oz) dark brown sugar
- rCinnamon sugar: 2T sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 ground cloves and 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Whisk the milk, vanilla and honey into a bowl. Set aside.
- Sift both the flours, salt and baking soda into a mixer bowl.
- Add the butter on medium speed until it looks like coarse meal. Beat in the sugar until no sugar clumps remain.
- At medium speed add the milk mixture and beat until a smooth dough forms, about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a 5" square. Wrap in plastic then place in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat to 350F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment.
- On a lighly floured surface roll out dough to 1/8 " thick. Using a pizza cutter, cut into 2 1/2" squares
- Re roll scraps but use less flour on board. Put onto a pan spacing 1/4" apart. Sprinkle evenly with the cinnamin sugar.
- Bake rotating pan 180F halfay through baking or until top is browned. About 15-18 minutes. Let cool completely on pans. sfore in an air tite
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More