- 1/3 cup (3 oz) whole milk
- 1 T + 1t vanilla extract
- 4 T (2 oz by weight) mild flavored honey, such as clover or orange blossom
- 1 cup (5oz( (uncre
- 1 cup + 3 T (5 1/4 oz) whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 5 T (2 1/2 oz) unsalted butter (preferably Plugra or european butter with a high butterfat content), chilled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup (6 oz) dark brown sugar
- rCinnamon sugar: 2T sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 ground cloves and 1/4 tsp kosher salt
Whisk the milk, vanilla and honey into a bowl. Set aside.
Sift both the flours, salt and baking soda into a mixer bowl.
Add the butter on medium speed until it looks like coarse meal. Beat in the sugar until no sugar clumps remain.
At medium speed add the milk mixture and beat until a smooth dough forms, about 2-3 minutes.
Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a 5" square. Wrap in plastic then place in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
Preheat to 350F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment.
On a lighly floured surface roll out dough to 1/8 " thick. Using a pizza cutter, cut into 2 1/2" squares
Re roll scraps but use less flour on board. Put onto a pan spacing 1/4" apart. Sprinkle evenly with the cinnamin sugar.
Bake rotating pan 180F halfay through baking or until top is browned. About 15-18 minutes. Let cool completely on pans. sfore in an air tite