- Cooking Time: 23
- Servings: 3 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Oven at 350 ºF.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add molasses and egg, combine.
- Combine flour and rest of dry ingredients and gradually add to wet ingredients.
- Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Divide dough in half and keep half of dough in fridge.
- Roll out dough to 1/4" and cut shapes.
- Bake approximately 8-10 minutes.
- You could frost them if you wish.
NotesFound this on the back of the molasses bottle. Haven't tried it yet, but Halloween's coming. Would make nice bats and cats! Dough must be chilled. The paper I wrote this on became smudged and I don't know how long to bake the cookies. I would think about 8-10 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More