- Cooking Time: 1.5 hours
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C. Crisco
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 C. flour
- 1 C. milk
- 3 C. granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream together sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs one at a time, Beat after each.
- Add extracts
- Add flour and milk alternately.
- Put batter in a greased Bundt pan.
- Turn oven on to 325* (DO NOT PREHEAT).
- Bake for 1.5 hours or until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
NotesThis cake is a tradition in my family. Created by my Grandma Ackerson, this recipe originated in New Hampshire. It is a fabulous pound cake recipe that is a staple on birthdays and holidays. We love to serve with strawberries and vanilla ice cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More