- Cooking Time: 1.5 hours
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C. Crisco
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 C. flour
- 1 C. milk
- 3 C. granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream together sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs one at a time, Beat after each.
- Add extracts
- Add flour and milk alternately.
- Put batter in a greased Bundt pan.
- Turn oven on to 325* (DO NOT PREHEAT).
- Bake for 1.5 hours or until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
NotesThis cake is a tradition in my family. Created by my Grandma Ackerson, this recipe originated in New Hampshire. It is a fabulous pound cake recipe that is a staple on birthdays and holidays. We love to serve with strawberries and vanilla ice cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Foodie BabySee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More