- Cooking Time: 40-45 minutes
- Servings: 2 1.5 lb loaves
- Preparation Time: 90 minutes
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 4-4.5 cups white flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons yeast (2 pkgs)
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons
- Combine 3 cups wheat flour, dry milk, salt and yeast.
- In saucepan heat until warm water, honey, and oil.
- Pour warm (NOT HOT) mixture over flour mixture.
- Add last cup of whole wheat flour, then gradually add white flour.
- Knead five minutes. Place in greased bowl, let rise until double original size. Punch down divide in half shape into desired loaf size and shape. Place in greased baking pan. Cover and let rise 40-45 minutes
- Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes
NotesMy Gramma made this years ago. To say the least it is a family favorite!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More