GRAMMA SICA'S BRACIOLE (ROLLED STEAK)
Gramma Sica's Braciole (rolled steak)
- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 60 minutes
- 1 piece of Round Steak (about 1 lb.) not too thick
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut into 4ths
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- fresh parsley
- fatback (salt pork) you can use pancetta if you would like
- about 3 cloves of garlic
- twine for securing braciole
- olive oil
Remove the bone from the round steak
Pound with a meat mallet to thin out.
Cube the fat back, place on a chopping board
Lay garlic and fresh parsley on top of fat back
Using a butcher knife, chop everything till it incorporates and gets soft and spreadable.
Spread this mixture over the steak
Lay a few of the eggs and green pepper strips and start to roll.
Add more eggs and green peppers as you go along.
Roll tightly and wrap with twine so everything stays inside.
Brown on all sides in a large skillet or dutch oven
I then add this to our favorite tomato sauce.
Cut off the string when it is done, and lay on a platter, serve with extra sauce.
Also you can serve your favorite pasta with it.