- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 60 minutes
- 1 piece of Round Steak (about 1 lb.) not too thick
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut into 4ths
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- fresh parsley
- fatback (salt pork) you can use pancetta if you would like
- about 3 cloves of garlic
- twine for securing braciole
- olive oil
- Remove the bone from the round steak
- Pound with a meat mallet to thin out.
- Cube the fat back, place on a chopping board
- Lay garlic and fresh parsley on top of fat back
- Using a butcher knife, chop everything till it incorporates and gets soft and spreadable.
- Spread this mixture over the steak
- Lay a few of the eggs and green pepper strips and start to roll.
- Add more eggs and green peppers as you go along.
- Roll tightly and wrap with twine so everything stays inside.
- Brown on all sides in a large skillet or dutch oven
- I then add this to our favorite tomato sauce.
- Cut off the string when it is done, and lay on a platter, serve with extra sauce.
- Also you can serve your favorite pasta with it.
NotesI learned how to make this recipe from my Grandma Sica. We actually made it for the Pittsburgh Press in 1981. They came to my house and took pictures and it was featured in the food section of the newspaper.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More