- Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 ounces grated ramano cheese
- 3 tablespoons very finely chopped onion (sometimes I use a grater)
- t tablespoon grated garlic
- 2 tablespoons finley chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons finley chopped parsley (flat leaf is best, but curley will work)
- Mix well in a large bowl. Do not over mix as meatballs will be mushey. Roll out into golf ball sized balls. Bake on a wire rack in a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Makes alot of meatballs. I use what I need and freeze the rest. They freeze very well. Great on a meatball sub with the sauce recipe above and some cheese on a hogie roll.
- To make a gluten free meal, I make up 1/2 package of Bob's Red Mill gluten free bread according to package directions. I divide the dough in half. One half I bake into a small loaf if bread. The other half I add Parm cheese, and a little dried italian seasoning and form into bread sticks. I use the small loaf to make the bread crumbs for the meatballs. You can't tell any difference. I have a friend who is gluen free and this is her favorite meal.
NotesThis is a reciepe based on one my Grandmother used. The secret is having enough bread and egg. These meatballs are very tender. Not hard like alot of meatballs are. My Grandmother always said that most people use to much meat in their meatballs. I agree, these are wonderful.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Cooking with Sabra
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More