GRAMPA GRIFFIN'S POTATO SOUP
- 8 – 10 large potatoes, peeled and cut into largish chunks, rinse well
- 1 carrot sliced really thin
- 1 stalk celery sliced really thin
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 – 3 handfuls of bacon bits
- 2 – 1 qt containers of half-n-half
- 1 stick butter
- 2 – 3 tablespoons chicken bullion
Boil rinsed potato chunks in a large pot until you are able to poke a toothpick through one of the larger size chunks.
DO NOT OVERBOIL POTATOES!!
Drain into colander and set to the side.
Use the same pot and melt stick of butter and stir-fry the carrot, onion & celery with a handful of the bacon bits.
Stir constantly until the onions are clear.
Turn heat down to medium and add potatoes, both containers of half-n-half and chicken bullion.
Crank a couple turns on some ground pepper and cook at low heat for a couple hours to give all of the soup some time to blend.
Serve with some cheese shreds, bacon bits, salt & pepper and oyster crackers.