- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 – 10 large potatoes, peeled and cut into largish chunks, rinse well
- 1 carrot sliced really thin
- 1 stalk celery sliced really thin
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 – 3 handfuls of bacon bits
- 2 – 1 qt containers of half-n-half
- 1 stick butter
- 2 – 3 tablespoons chicken bullion
- Boil rinsed potato chunks in a large pot until you are able to poke a toothpick through one of the larger size chunks.
- DO NOT OVERBOIL POTATOES!!
- Drain into colander and set to the side.
- Use the same pot and melt stick of butter and stir-fry the carrot, onion & celery with a handful of the bacon bits.
- Stir constantly until the onions are clear.
- Turn heat down to medium and add potatoes, both containers of half-n-half and chicken bullion.
- Crank a couple turns on some ground pepper and cook at low heat for a couple hours to give all of the soup some time to blend.
- Serve with some cheese shreds, bacon bits, salt & pepper and oyster crackers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More