- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 – 10 large potatoes, peeled and cut into largish chunks, rinse well
- 1 carrot sliced really thin
- 1 stalk celery sliced really thin
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 – 3 handfuls of bacon bits
- 2 – 1 qt containers of half-n-half
- 1 stick butter
- 2 – 3 tablespoons chicken bullion
- Boil rinsed potato chunks in a large pot until you are able to poke a toothpick through one of the larger size chunks.
- DO NOT OVERBOIL POTATOES!!
- Drain into colander and set to the side.
- Use the same pot and melt stick of butter and stir-fry the carrot, onion & celery with a handful of the bacon bits.
- Stir constantly until the onions are clear.
- Turn heat down to medium and add potatoes, both containers of half-n-half and chicken bullion.
- Crank a couple turns on some ground pepper and cook at low heat for a couple hours to give all of the soup some time to blend.
- Serve with some cheese shreds, bacon bits, salt & pepper and oyster crackers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More