- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryYield: One 9” pie.
- One 9” pie shell, baked
- Filling Ingredients:
- 1-1/2 C boiling water
- 1-1/2 T flour
- 2 T butter
- 3 T cornstarch
- Rind of lemon
- 6 T lemon juice
- 5 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, beaten stiff
- 1-1/4 C sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Meringue Ingredients:
- 3 egg whites
- 6 T sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Directions: Lemon Filling
- Put water, butter, and lemon rind in top of double boiler and let butter melt.
- Sift sugar, flour, corn starch, and salt into slightly beaten yolks.
- Add lemon juice slowly and mix until smooth.
- Add to water mixture and stir until thick.
- Take off heat.
- Cool slightly.
- Fold beaten whites into mixture.
- Directions: Meringue:
- Beat egg whites and sugar.
- While beating, add cream of tartar to keep meringue nice after baking.
- Put hot lemon mix into baked pie shell
- Top with meringue, sealing edges well.
- Bake at 375 to 400 degrees for about 8 minutes, until meringue is lightly browned.
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
Apple Honey Custard Pie
Tortellini CarbonaraSee More