- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryYield: One 9” pie.
- One 9” pie shell, baked
- Filling Ingredients:
- 1-1/2 C boiling water
- 1-1/2 T flour
- 2 T butter
- 3 T cornstarch
- Rind of lemon
- 6 T lemon juice
- 5 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, beaten stiff
- 1-1/4 C sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Meringue Ingredients:
- 3 egg whites
- 6 T sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Directions: Lemon Filling
- Put water, butter, and lemon rind in top of double boiler and let butter melt.
- Sift sugar, flour, corn starch, and salt into slightly beaten yolks.
- Add lemon juice slowly and mix until smooth.
- Add to water mixture and stir until thick.
- Take off heat.
- Cool slightly.
- Fold beaten whites into mixture.
- Directions: Meringue:
- Beat egg whites and sugar.
- While beating, add cream of tartar to keep meringue nice after baking.
- Put hot lemon mix into baked pie shell
- Top with meringue, sealing edges well.
- Bake at 375 to 400 degrees for about 8 minutes, until meringue is lightly browned.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Chips Galore Cookies
Betty Crocker Spinach-Cheese BallsSee More