- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: at least 2 days
- Herring (including miltz)
- Mixed spices
- Wash and soak herring overnight or 4 hours.
- Slice onions and put alternate layers of onions and herring.
- Use about 1/3 part vinegar and 2/3 parts water, a little sugar (about one tsp), and mixed spices.
- Bring to boil and let cool.
- Mash miltz and mix with vinegar mixture.
- Pack into jars.
- Let stand 24 hours or more.
NotesYvette's Note: Herring milt or miltz (מילטז) is the soft roe of the herring.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More