- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: at least 2 days
- Herring (including miltz)
- Mixed spices
- Wash and soak herring overnight or 4 hours.
- Slice onions and put alternate layers of onions and herring.
- Use about 1/3 part vinegar and 2/3 parts water, a little sugar (about one tsp), and mixed spices.
- Bring to boil and let cool.
- Mash miltz and mix with vinegar mixture.
- Pack into jars.
- Let stand 24 hours or more.
NotesYvette's Note: Herring milt or miltz (מילטז) is the soft roe of the herring.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More