- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: at least 2 days
- Herring (including miltz)
- Mixed spices
- Wash and soak herring overnight or 4 hours.
- Slice onions and put alternate layers of onions and herring.
- Use about 1/3 part vinegar and 2/3 parts water, a little sugar (about one tsp), and mixed spices.
- Bring to boil and let cool.
- Mash miltz and mix with vinegar mixture.
- Pack into jars.
- Let stand 24 hours or more.
NotesYvette's Note: Herring milt or miltz (מילטז) is the soft roe of the herring.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
Short & Sweet
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More