- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 lb. (2 sticks) margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1/2 lb. almond paste
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Mix like pie crust.
- Put in refrigerator for 30 minutes or more (such as, overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut pastry into quarters. This recipes has enough pastry for 4 rolls.
- Roll out 1/4 of the pastry.
- Spread 1/4 of the filling on pastry.
- Roll, and seal edges with water.
- Before baking, prick each roll several times with a fork.
- Brush with frothy egg white, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 10 minutes - until lightly brown.
- Then, 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
NotesThis was recipe was give to me by my husband's grandmother shortly after we were married. I had to watch closely to get measurements, since she never used any measuring "devices." (as she'd call them)
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Molten Chocolate Walnut Cupcakes
Rabiole Soup (white turnip)
Stamp you passport ~> Portuguese HamburgersSee More