GRANDMA'S BREAKFAST BAKE
- 1 6oz package onion and carlic salad croutons
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cubed fulled cooked sausage
- 4 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups milk divided
- 3/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1 can condensed cream of mushrrom soup undiluted
- 1 package (26 oz) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes thawed
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Place croutons in a greased 3 qt. baking dish. sprinkle with cheese and sausage. In a large bowl whisk the eggs, 2 1/4 cups milk and mustard; pour over sausage and cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. combine soup and remaining milk until blended; spread over casserole. Top with hash browns; sprinkle with paprika and pepper. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover bake 35-40 minutes longer or until edges are browned. Let stand for 10 minutes befrore serving.