- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nutmeats (pecans OR walnuts)
- 1/3 cup salad oil (vegetable oil)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup grated carrots*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan.
- Sift dry ingredients. Add nutmeats. Combine oil, eggs, and vanilla. Stir together dry, wet ingredients, and carrots.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- For Apple Bread - replace carrots with apples
NotesI cherish recipes from my Grandma's recipe box