- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- dash salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt butter in heavy 3 quart saucepan.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Stir in corn syrup.
- Mix well.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over medium heat to firm ball stage 245° F; approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour into buttered 9 x 9 x 2 inch pan.
- Cool and cut into squares.
NotesThe smell would fill the kitchen and we'd line up for a taste...mmm!